In my free time, I like to engage in classical ballet. This page shows some pictures of that and highlights some projects along these lines.
- in 2014,I participated in a cross-media dance project: Unblocked Project in which
we explored the potentialities of the human body and mind that can be
explored through movement.
- Several other dance pieces I have done include Bluebird, Aurora’s variation, Giselle, a piece choreographed to one of Milarepa’s poems Mind, and a piece I choreographed for my sister: For my sister
- In 2007, when I lived in Philadelphia, I choreographed and performed in a new age musical named Planet Discord
- I have also worked with a photographer (Craig Rothfuss) on
some dance pictures:
- In Groningen, Sander Martens did a very nice photoshoot of my class.
Some classes I recommend in the various places I have lived:
- Princeton: Princeton Ballet School
with Mary Barton, Laurie Abramson and Douglas Martin
- Philadelphia: Kip Martin from Symmetry Dancewellness specialises in teaching adults and explaining the rich theory behind all movements and exact muscles that are used.
- Sacha Boitsov provides some authentic Russian classes, and his students have gone on to dance at prestigious companies such as American Ballet Theatre.
- In Groningen, I am very happy to be dancing at Wanda Kuiper, where you can take many serious adult classes each week.
- My favourite school in Amsterdam is Zhembrovskyy
Ballet School, which offers excellent Vaganova-style classes,
including pointe, and taught by current and former dancers of Dutch National Ballet
- When I am dancing back in my hometown Almere, I go to Balletschool Almere, a
very cosy and lovely ballet school, dedicated to the love for dancing.
- Sunday July 9th, 18:00 informal performance at Zhembrovskyy Ballet School (Amsterdam)
- May 31st-June 3rd: demonstration classes at Wanda Kuiper ballet in Groningen (Wednesday 19:10-20:25; Thursday 18:30-19:45, Friday 16:45-18:00; Saturday 11:00-12:15)